A Churn Dash calculator is available for different size and number of blocks for your own project.
Fabric 1 (background): Cut 1 rectangle 1-1/2" wide by 10" long. Cut a 2-1/2" strip. Subcut strip into 1 square 2-1/2".
Fabric 2(accent): Cut 1 rectangle 1-1/2" wide by 10" long. Cut a 2-1/2" strip.
- With right sides together, sew 1-1/2" wide rectangles to each other.
- Press toward darker fabric.
- Subcut strip set into 4 square 2-1/2" wide.
- Match 1, 2-1/2" strip of each fabric right sides together.
- Using a side right triangle ruler or template, cut 4 half square triangles pairs. Move ruler/template upside down for next cut when necessary.
- Sew 1/4 inch seam on long side of triangle pair.
- Press seam to one side.
Using a 1/4" seam, sew units together as shown in picture, first columns then rows. Press seams to one side.
|Here's what mine looks like.|