Fabric InstructionsBackground Fabric: Cut a 2 inch wide strip. Sub cut into 4 quarter square triangles using a quarter square triangle ruler (see unit instructions).
Accent Fabric: Cut a 3½ inch wide strip. Sub cut into 4 half square triangles using a half square triangle ruler. Cut a 2 inch wide strip. Sub cut into 4 quarter square triangles using a quarter square triangle ruler. (See unit instructions.)
Tri Square Triangle Unit Instructions
- Match up a Background fabric quarter square triangle with an Accent fabric quarter square triangle right sides together with long side toward the bottom and Accent fabric on top.
- Sew a ¼ inch seam on right short side of triangle pair.
- Press seam to one side.
- Match previously sewn quarter square triangles to Accent fabric half square triangle right sides together.
- Sew a ¼ inch seam on long side of triangles.
- Press seams toward half square triangle.
- Make 4 tri square triangle units.