Fabrics: You'll need 3 fabrics for the Ribbon Star block, background and accent plus another complimentary fabric.
- Cut a 2½ inch strip from each of the 3 fabrics.
- Cut 1 square from the accent fabric for center.
- Match a background fabric right sides together with each of the other 2 fabrics and cut 4 half square triangle pairs for each fabric pair.
- Sew ¼ inch seam on long side of triangle pairs; press toward darker fabric.
- Layout units as shown and chain piece first rows, then columns with ¼ inch seam.
- Press seams to one side.
The Ribbon Star block in this size also works great with Jelly Roll fabric strips with which you could make approximately 63 blocks (7 by 9) to make a throw sized quilt 42" by 54" plus borders.