Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Autumn Mug Rugs

Here are a few fall mug rug inspirations. I love mug rugs. I use them all the time for my ever present coffee, they're quick and easy to make and it's the perfect venue to try out that block you just found but aren't sure how to use in a full sized quilt. And I can't forget the orphan blocks, great way to use them up too.

These maple leaves are so vibrant and it just goes to show that even though the weather is cooling and gardening is winding down, there's plenty of color outside.
Here we have a mug rug and coffee cozy. What a clever idea to coordinate them. I can just see using them for hot cider that seems to take forever to cool down and once it does it's just cold.
Not to leave out the stash buster quick and easy mug rug that lets the fabric make it beautiful. I know I've got tons of strips laying around for this project. To me sewing is very relaxing (unless I'm paper piecing) and this would be something to just get my sewing fix for the day.

Time for me to go look at my stash.

Happy Quilting,
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment