- If the number of binding strips are greater than 1, sew strips together by laying ends right sides together forming an L.
- Sew on diagonal where fabrics cross from upper left to lower right.
- Trim excess to ¼ inch.
- Repeat to make a continuous strip; press seams open.
- Fold and press strip lengthwise in half wrong sides together.
- Leaving a 5 inch tail, sew binding to quilt top matching raw edges with a ¼ inch seam allowance.
¼ inch before corner with needle down.
- Pivot work as if to sew next side and reverse sew off quilt top.
- Fold binding back, creating a 45 degree fold, then fold forward matching fold to previously sewn side.
- Continue sewing binding, and repeat above for each corner.
- Stop sewing approximately 5 inches from beginning.
- Unfold and overlap ends.
- Cut at an approximate 45 degree angle somewhere where both ends overlap.
- Match ends wrong sides together, leaving equal dog ears.
- Sew together with a ¼ inch seam allowance.
- Refold binding and finish sewing to quilt.
- Fold binding to back and hand stitch to finish using a blind stitch.