You will need a backing fabric of at least 88 by 64 inches, but a bit larger would be better.
- Place pressed backing right side down on a flat surface large enough to lay flat; tape in place at sides, then corners.
- Lay batting on top of backing and smooth wrinkles; tape in place at sides, then corners. (If using slippery batting, spray baste to baking and top.)
- Put pressed quilt on top right side up.
- Smooth borders and blocks square, pushing excess toward middle. Quilting will take up slack and quilt will hang better.
- Pin baste 3 to 4 inches apart in quarters down length and width. Finish pin basting each quarter 3 to 4 inches apart.
- Quilt as desired.
Next time we'll finish up with the binding.