Thursday, February 4, 2010

Keeping warm

I think if I could figure out how, I'd stay indoors all winter long. I'm fine with admiring the snow through the windows but our alaskan husky isn't cooperating. He hasn't learned to use the toilet and loves the snow. I'm doomed!



This year I've discovered gauntlets, or fingerless gloves. They're perfect for working on the computer, quilting and tons of other things where gloves don't quite work. I created this pattern to make them using fleece. The raw edges don't need any finishing, but feel free to embellish.

The size is approximately women's medium. Just right click on the pattern and "save picture as" to wherever it's easy for you to find. Print the picture to be 5" by 10".

Cut 2 - 10 inch squares of fleece and fold in half right sides together. Cut out both using pattern piece matching fold to fold dashed line. Sew using 1/4 inch seam as shown with dotted lines on pattern. Lock stitch just under curved line. Clip corner cut out close to seam. Turn right side out and your done.

I haven't tried this yet, but to adjust the size, measure around the widest part of your hand and add 1 inch. Cut fleece squares that size. Print pattern the length of the measurement you calculated by a width of half the length.

No comments:

Post a Comment